Biblical Benefits of Fasting and Payer – (Adapted from a sermon by Dale Shields)
1. Produces spiritual clarity and sensitivity.
- 2 Chronicles 20:2-4
- 2 Chronicles 20:13-14
2. Brings brokenness and repentance.
- Joel 2:13-14
3. Brings personal breakthroughs.
- 1 Samuel 1:7
4. Brings deliverance from spiritual strongholds.
- Isaiah 58:6
- Daniel 10:12-13
- Esther 4:15-16
- Matthew 17:21
5. Brings the release of blessings, help, and God’s power to our family and friends.
- Joel 2:18-20
- Joel 2:28
6. It’s a practical way to preset our bodies to God.
- Romans 12:1
7. Helps us discipline our appetites.
- 1 Corinthians 9:27
Benefits of fasting and praying as a participant in the Empower 21 ministry.
- Multiplied Kingdom influence. You are NOT fasting alone. You are partnering with thousands of other believers.
- Mutual encouragement to continue. When and if you get weary or discouraged you can call someone else who is participating and receive encouragement.
- Many testimonies of breakthrough and blessing. You are part of the release of God’s power all across Virginia.
- Virginia Church of God becomes a movement of ministry and miracles. Something spiritual and supernatural happens as a result of our partnership these 21 days.
This list of benefits is not exhaustive but illustrative of the benefits of our Empower 21 ministry. Thank you for your partnership and your participation. Together we are building the Kingdom of God in Virginia.